Friday, June 26, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

I got to go to the temple this morning.  Seven a.m. comes early, but it was worth it. I went with my little sister and two of my little brothers. My grandpa did the baptisms, and it served to remind me of the eternal nature of families, something that I've been pondering a lot lately. The family is the basic unit of society, and eternity. And I want one. Someday. 

My life is so up in the air right now. My family will soon be much further away than they've ever been. My once-upon-a-time boyfriend is no longer in the picture. My best friend might be unavailable for eighteen months and my roommate and kindred spirit, who I've lived with for three years, will not longer be my roommate. I'm in the midst of the moving process and, oh, yeah, I'm learning a new process at work and starting rehearsals for a revue.

It's a lot of change to take in. 


While in the waiting area I was struck by the words of the song I'd been rehearsing for the aforementioned revue.

"When you walk through a storm/ Keep your head up high/ And don't be afraid of the dark/ At the end of the storm there's a golden sky/ And the sweet silver song of a lark. Walk on through the wind/ Walk on through the wind/ Through your dreams be tossed and blown/ Walk on/ Walk on/ With hope in your heart/ And you'll never walk alone."

I don't like Carousel, but what a gorgeous song. 

Faith is a journey. 



No comments:

Post a Comment