Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome, 2012!

I was able to be home for Christmas, thank goodness. And what an excellent Christmas it was. I love being around my family and doing all the things we've done for years. While I was here I got to celebrate Christmas Eve and Christmas, Joshua's birthday on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day (Welcome, 2012!), and even my little sister Lydia's first steps! I was hoping she'd take them before I had to leave. Watched lots of movies with my family, including the new Winnie the Pooh movie, which I have absolutely no excuses for not having seen before this point. Adore.

Once I get back to Utah I've got some stuff to get done. I've found a new job at Marriott, so the time has come to quit my Brick Oven one. I'm ushering a Tchaikovsky symphony on the 6th, and throughout the month will be seeing two performances of Rigoletto, two of Brian Reagen's shows, a dance remix, a children's show, a Dancing and Romancing revue, and one South Pacific.

It has come to my attention that the newest Disney show to be adapted for the stage is Aladdin. Let me say that I have wanted this for years. I hope to see it when it comes to Salt Lake, but I also am hoping to audition for it. You never know, right? Might as well be a part of something when it's new and people don't have quite as many built up memories of past performances.

Speaking of past performances, the Frog and I has been over for a couple weeks, as I'm sure you were just dying to know. I made a lot of good friends, which I will miss more than the actual show, which involved me wearing a wig, putting potato flakes in my hair, and the cast spitting marshmallows at the audience.

Goodbye, 2011. You were a good year, mostly. I sang my first ever lead role, moved to my first big city, got in my first Utah show. I discovered Doctor Who, Les Miserables, and Alexandre Dumas, all of which are awesome. I feel like 2012 is going to be a good year, amazing, even, and I'm determined to do all I can do to make it so.

C:

No comments:

Post a Comment