Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Things I Love

A better title would have been "Things I Am Remembering Again How Much I Love", but that seemed a little long. This post is about those things in life that you know you love, but it isn't until you watch/read/whatever them again you remember HOW MUCH you love them, and why you became obsessed with them in the first place. The later remembrances almost rival the initial ones. Without further ado:

-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I am saying without hesitation that this is the best book I've ever read. I've read a lot of books. I re-read it last week and couldn't sleep. It's that brilliant. It is Emily's only novel, and thank goodness she wrote it (just a year before she died). Heathcliff and Cathy are my All-time Favorite Couple. No one, repeat, no one, beats them.

-Tim Curry. He is an epic person. I just found a movie based on a Terry Pratchett novel (I've never read him, but maybe I should start), and he was a wizard. Let me just say that any man who can play a pirate (!) AND a wizard has my heart. Also, the way he rolls his eyes is sexy.

-Being in a play. Yeah, we all know that theatre has my heart forever and ever, but now I'm actually in a show, which hasn't been the case since April. I love watching the cast come together, I love getting to know my director, Jake, and his habits, I love making new friends and new memories. Tonight we spent most of rehearsal choreographing and speaking in ridiculous Spanish accents. "Bring the Christmas heat! Now cool it off! And Christmas fiesta, fiesta, fiesta!"

-Learning new things. I've taken up getting two non-fiction books every time I go to the library- one biography and one general. I am learning so much! It's good that there are people who dedicate parts of their lives to writing books about random topics, or I would probably never think of them. I've read about the first woman to circumnavigate the globe (Jeanne Baret), how America is changing the world's view of mental sickness, Kristin Chenoweth's biography, and how Disney and the color pink are changing today's girls, just to start. So much to learn, so little time!

-Donuts with sprinkles. Especially maple bars. Simple pleasure, but sooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment