Monday, May 30, 2011

TV and Its Addictiveness

I relapsed. I quit Castle cold turkey a couple weeks ago a little into the third season. (When I find a show that I like, I can't just pick up wherever I happen to be, I have to go back to the beginning. It can turn into a significant time commitment if this show's been going for very long.) I felt like I was overdosing, so I left it alone. Now I've devoured three episodes in the last two hours and fixing to start a fourth. YouTube people who upload TV episodes are my heroes. I suppose there's always Netflix/Hulu, but I'm content with what I've got.

Castle is an adorable dad, and he and Beckett need to get together now. That is all I have to say about that. Also, I love Ryan and Esposito. Alexis has her moments. Grandma I occasionally like.

The reason I got into Castle in the first place was a recommendation from my aunt in Texas after I posted about Firefly. (LOVE LOVE LOVE, but that's a subject for another post.) She told me that I could get "my Nathan Fillion fix" with Castle. It's quickly becoming apparent that I am indeed addicted to the charming and quirky Mr. Fillion. The only place I had seen him previously was Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog, but I hated him like I was supposed to. Neil Patrick Harris was my favorite out of that, and I have a huge crush on him. (I was so sad when I found out that he was gay.) I fell head over heels with him in Firefly, and now in Castle. I can't get enough.

Anyway, I just watched season three, episode nine: Close Encounters of the Murderous Kind. Castle made multiple references to the X Files, which I've never seen. (I haven't seen the vast majority of popular TV shows.) If the Scully/Mulder dynamic is anything like the Castle/Beckett one, I might have to check it out. But I might not, for the same reason that I deliberately avoided ever seeing any episode of LOST. The truth is, I'd like to have a little more of a life than sitting at my computer 24/7 watching TV episodes that everyone else has already seen.

I miss watching Glee in real time with Sara, Rian, and Jesse.

No comments:

Post a Comment