Sunday, May 29, 2011

Short Story

So my friend Andrew texted me a prompt for a short story. He couldn't have had better timing. For the last couple of days I've been trying to find the inspiration for a story. The hardest part for me is always the beginning. It always feels way too formal. If I can get force a few paragraphs that meet my standards, then I will be fine. The rest of the story is easier, and I can go back and fix the beginning at my leisure.

This story is different from anything I've ever written before. Usually I write comedy, and I almost always write fanfiction. It's easy for me. I wish that I was better at coming up with my own characters, but I love writing it because I love the characters so much. But this is really quite serious (it's about a nameless girl who commits suicide at the end), and I'm quite proud of it, though I'm only four pages into it.

Here's Andrew's awesome prompt:
“Tick tock, grains fall, life sways, memories die, ignore feelings, let them fly, life is short, soon to die, ask a question, what will it be, life is full with inaccuracies, never changes, never pray, try to live day by day, is right wrong, is wrong right, will life contain a hidden light, we will see when I get back what was stolen from me, fate is real, fate is fake, is a life at stake.”

There are so many things I could do with this. I think I'll file it away for those writers block days.

No comments:

Post a Comment