Friday, May 15, 2015

A Blog For Friday

Isn't it funny how you blink and a month is gone? It's like that saying, "The days are long but the years fly." I don't know what happened to April. (In the interest of full disclosure I recently wrote October when starting a journal entry, so a missing April is just the tip of the iceberg.) Between the fact that I'm taking a brief break from theatre and having a boyfriend who doesn't get off work until late in the evening, I have spare hours that I'm not used to having.

"What does Rebecca do with this free time?" you may be asking. Watching random independent films on Netflix, mostly. I have watched films about old men that teach robots to rob banks, a child obsessed with death who accidentally becomes a YouTube sensation, and authors who are simply too happy to write. Oh, independent films. I also rewatched High School Musical for the first time in probably five years. That film is bad. Horrible. And I love it. The production quality of Disney Channel original movies never fails to disappoint.

I'm also working my way through an Andrew Jackson biography. I've spent the last few years being very much Not a Fan of Mr Jackson. In fact, he was up there with Alexander Hamilton when it came to early American history people that I really can't stand. (I already know I'm a nerd, you don't have to tell me.) But it turns out that this author is skilled at creating a balanced portrait of an imperfect, but not completely evil, person. I was a little bit mad about this. I wanted my suspicions to be confirmed with facts. And some of them were, but I just can't summon up the same level of rancor as before.

I also finished a bizarre book by JD Salinger called Franny and Zooey. I'm sure it's all deep and symbolic and whatnot, but I just didn't get it. Mysticism and suicide and dysfunctional families, oh my! Mostly I read it because I felt I read something by Salinger but didn't have any desire to read Catcher in the Rye.

I'll be moving at the end of June, which is going to be a huge change. I've lived with the same two girls for the last three years, and I've grown accustomed to their habits. It looks like I'll be moving further south, which I never thought I'd do. The things we do for love. Ahh. Stress. I don't super want to think about that right now.....but if anybody knows of cheap month-to-month housing in the Orem/Provo area, hit me up.

It's been five years since I performed Into the Woods. That just hit me. Also, I've randomly become obsessed with Passenger and Fall Out Boy, two bands which are very, very different. Life is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment