Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Another Year Over....

 So, my first semester back at college is over. It's nice to not have homework due all the time, although next semester is going to be so much more difficult, I don't even want to think about it.  *aggressively avoids*

Other things that have happened over the last few months:

-I got a new job. Still at the airport, but  now I'm at Brookstone instead of RMCF. I get to sell gadgets, gizmos, and whatzits, so I'm pretty content. Also, every geeky girl should get a job at a techie store where she's the only female employee. 5 out of 5, would recommend. My coworkers are great, I got a pay raise, and we have a fun time.

-Looks like my roommates and I are going to have to move again, since none of us want the rent raised. Sigh. Looking for a house, like a car, would be a lot more fun if I had a lot more money.

-I've had the last two days off from work, and I've spent a good chunk of that time shotgunning the first season of Chuck. Casey is by far my favorite character, which is ironic since I'm the pretty much the staunchest advocate of gun control ever. But he's Jayne in the modern world! There are a few complaints about the show, most stemming from my inner raging feminist. But it's a funny show.

-Winter, and Christmas, are here in full force. I don't mind the snow as long as it stays off the road; it's fresh and white and pretty. I love Christmas music, especially the obscurer ones that you never hear but once a year. My coworkers have been calling me a Christmas fanatic, but I can deal with that.

2013 was such a dramatic year. I knew from the beginning it would be, but I could never have seen the rollercoaster that was coming. I did my first real lead role in a musical, I got to perform one of my dream shows (Pirates of Penzance), I even went on a date! I had my emotions completely destroyed by Buffy the Vampire Slayer (thanks, Joss Whedon), and finally got around to watching Inception. 

Who knows what 2014 has in store?

1 comment:

  1. How about thingamabobs? Do you have plenty? ;) You have to admit, though, despite the drama, it's been a pretty good year.

    ReplyDelete