Monday, April 16, 2012

Beauty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ_fkw5j-t0&list=FLRH7IFkedR3leDXMRKjH5jw&index=1&feature=plpp_video

I can't stop pushing Replay (seriously, I've probably listened to this thing fifty times in the last two days). I adore Beethoven, and I fell in love with "Secrets" almost two years ago (that can't be right. I'm not that old.) Combine the two.....perfect. Beautiful.

“Don’t only practice your art, but force your way into its Secrets, for that and knowledge can raise men to the divine.” -Ludwig van Beethoven

Speaking of beautiful, I just finished a book about Hedy Lamarr, popularly known as the most beautiful woman in the world, during the forties, at least. And I must admit that I would have written her off as a gorgeous know-nothing had I not learned more. She helped develop the technology that today makes usage of your cell phone and GPS possible, as well as military grade communications (though they never publicly acknowledged or thanked her) and the scanner at the grocery store, among other things. You go, girl.

"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid." -Hedy Lamarr

I'm sorry I judged you, Hedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment