Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Audition Video

Trying to make an audition video for a production of Into the Woods. I auditioned for this in person, but apparently they now have a new director and are holding auditions tomorrow. It has quickly become apparent that I hate how my singing voice sounds on camera. I desperately hope that it's better in real life, because otherwise I am never going to be cast again, in anything, ever. I'm debating between sending "Home" from Beauty and the Beast or "Part of Your World" from Little Mermaid. Bethany was helping me, and we tried multiple takes of "Far From the Home I Love," but it was an unmitigated disaster. I'm not a huge fan of that song anyway.

Guys get the best solos. I mean, there are some awesome solos for girls out there, but most of them are such showstopping, star-making songs that if you can't pull them off like you -are- Idina Menzel or Barbra Streisand, then you sound a lot worse than you are. It could also be a factor that I think guys are just nicer to listen to than girls.

Sigh. Back to the editing booth, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment