Wednesday, November 11, 2015

The Post With a Lot of Pics

I feel like I haven't written in here for a while. What have I been up to, you may ask. Mostly drowning in free time. I had been continuously cast in shows from July 2014 to October of this year, (2015, for those of you who may be confused). The last month has seen me wandering around in a fog of confusion...... "Aren't I supposed to be at rehearsal right now? When is call time? I don't understand. Where's the costumer for real life?" As for the idea of winter (we had our first snow yesterday), this stock photo shows my general reaction:



It's a flaw of mine that with more free time I get less productive. My reading has gone down and my Netflix has gone up. I'm trying to counteract this with getting up early, but what has been happening is I wake up, look around, congratulate myself for getting up so early, and promptly look at memes on my phone until I have to go to work. BUT NO MORE. I've been reading a fascinating biography called A Sense of the World by Jason Roberts. It's about James Holman, who traversed the world in the early nineteenth century, despite being blind. I love it, which is why it's so inexplicable that I haven't been reading it. Damn you, human nature. I WILL finish it this week. 

Halloween was a blast. I got hang out with cool people and watch bizarre YouTube videos. These are my goals for every holiday. I went as an Avid Sports Fan. GO SPORTS. 




I've been finishing up my preparations to go through the temple and receive my endowments in December, when I visit my family in Virginia. It's time. It's happening. My little sister Bethany is leaving for her mission to Texas on November 18th. How did this day get so close. I can't handle it. I'll be picking her up from the airport. My grandma asked if I wanted to drive her to the MTC (Missionary Training Center), but I told her I wouldn't be able to leave the parking lot. It's hard to drive when you're sobbing. Bethany is the bomb; she'll be a great missionary, and I'm proud of her, but it's going to be tough to not talk to her for eighteen months. 

 I keep getting told to watch Arrested Development, so it's next on my queue. Does anyone do awkward as well as Michael Cera? I don't think I even have to watch it to know that the answer is no. I've gotten into Parks & Rec, finally. Ben Wyatt is me. I've finally started sitting down and watching Star Trek in chronological order instead of sporadic recommended episodes. Sulu and Spock are my children. (It occurs to me that some people are probably able to fall deeply in love with fictional characters and not call them their children. Well, I'm not one of those people.)



I got to watch my coworker's cat for a weekend, which filled me with both joy and delight. We partied. (By partied I mean that I sat on my bed doing embroidery [I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me] and she persistently tried to mount an expedition into my closet. It must be Kitty Narnia.) <3 cats <3



I have to get my wisdom teeth out. This is the age of wisdom, I guess. I mean, it's been a very eventful year in terms of getting my life back on track and self-discovery and all that good stuff. Thanks to the orthodontist of my teenage years ripping out several teeth that technically didn't have to go (some people say I should let this go; these people are wrong) my wisdom teeth are fully in, but they've been overgrown by gum tissue that makes it difficult to chew crunchy things like Doritos. DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE DORITOS. Honestly I probably wouldn't ever do anything about it if it wasn't depriving me of chips, because, you know, whatever, but it is. I went to the oral surgeon and they had me sit alone in a little movie room and watch a movie about  what might happen after or during the surgery: nerve damage, complications, dry socket, and possible death. ALL GOOD THINGS. After that I was much less keen on getting them out. But Doritos.




I finally took Hamilton out of my cd player, after thirty-two straight days of it being in. Do you understand how rare it is I listen to the same show over and over? It's never happened to that extent before. LISTEN TO HAMILTON. I'm now having withdrawals. True story. If I wasn't already married to John Oliver, I would marry Lin-Manuel Miranda. And if I wasn't married to John Oliver or Lin-Manuel Miranda I would marry Richard Ayoade. But, you konw, I *am* married to John Oliver. (I never wore those Mrs Bloom necklaces in junior high, so I get to do this kind of celebrity attachment now.) Speaking of my husband, one of my coworkers messaged me the other day and said, 'Your husband is good in this.' It was a John Oliver video. SUCCESS ACHIEVED.

MY HUSBAND


Learned that there's a cool park near the state capitol, so that's nice. Also, apparently state capitol buildings get a gold dome if there's been a president from that state. And Utah's state fish is the cutthroat trout, which is quickly disappearing, unnoticed. #TheMoreYouKnow #DramaticEmoFish #FindingEmoNemo



Okay, this post has taken a turn into the awkward, rambling and weird. Imma leave you with one more Buzzfeed quiz result, because I place way too much stock in those. Peace out, y'all. 





No comments:

Post a Comment